Jennifer Marinello is currently a Curriculum Supervisor of K-5 Mathematics, STEM, Basic Skills, as well as an ESEA Coordinator for Title I and Title II programming. She has been in education since 2000, as both a teacher and student, earning her Undergraduate and Masters of Education from the University of Florida, and Masters of Education from The College of New Jersey. Ms. Marinello proudly serves as an Executive Committee member for the New Jersey Association of Federal Program Administrators (NJAFPA), where she works closely with other New Jersey administrators and grant program coordinators.
As a district level leader, fostering equity across a large district is paramount for Ms. Marinello. Currently, her core responsibilities focus on ensuring high quality mathematics instruction for all students by maintaining the integrity of an instructional framework for daily math instruction. She provides teachers with ongoing support to effectively use a Math Workshop model, allowing for a guided discovery approach to teaching and learning, with a focus on small-group differentiated instruction using Guided Math.
She is highly skilled in project planning in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and assessment, and enjoys providing a variety of hands-on professional learning opportunities for instructional leaders and teachers in the following areas:
- District-level Strategic Planning in Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessments
- K-5 Mathematics Content Knowledge & Pedagogy
- Numbers & Operations – Base Ten
- Numbers & Operations – Fractions
- Using the Standards for Mathematical Practice to Inform Instruction and Program Planning
- Supporting Students in Mastering their Math Facts through Balanced Fluency Approach
- Math Games using Concrete-Representational-Abstract (CRA) Pedagogy
- Data-Analysis to identify district and school needs
- PARCC Evidence Tables to identify curriculum gaps and weaknesses
- Math Workshop Model using Guided Math
- Empowering and Engaging Students Through Brain-based Strategies
Jennifer Marinello looks forward to developing a working relationship with key stakeholders in your district to advocate for high quality instruction for all of your students through strategic planning and ongoing professional development.