Audience: K-6 Teachers
Length: Half Day Workshop
This hands-on workshop allows teachers to gain a deep understanding of the content in the standards and the importance of the vertical progressions. Domain specific learning progressions will be explored to gain a deeper understanding of the importance of vertical alignment of instruction. This content knowledge is foundational to pedagogy and helps teachers assess and diagnose gaps in student learning.
- Explore the development of fractions across grades 3-5 by analyzing the progressions.
- Learn more about rational numbers.
- Explore the development of NBT in grades K-2 by analyzing the progressions.
- Describe the interconnectedness of place value & the base ten number system to operations & algebraic thinking.
- Develop the ability to assess students’ understanding through the use of various models and representations.