Length: Full day
This workshop will provide valuable information and resources to administrators and how they can foster teacher and family partnerships to enhance their students’ learning experiences. By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand our role and responsibilities to promote family and school engagement as administrator
- Understand the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context of public education
- Understand the needs and perspectives of students and their families
- Recognize and overcome the barriers to family/community involvement
- Understand the 6 types of parental/community involvement
- Learn about the contributions for the US Dept. of Education
- Identify differences across grade levels and district factor groups
- Learn from one another’s rich experiences and perspectives
- Learn how to utilize technology and develop an effective engagement strategy among stakeholders.
The workshop will be comprised of interactive activities, discussion, videos and case scenarios.