Audience: Teachers K-8, Content Supervisors, Directors
Length: Half or Full Day Workshop
Develop an instructional framework for your math block which uses quick readiness assessments to provide small group instruction. Differentiated instruction is the ‘bread and butter’ of this instructional model and supports all students in the classroom, regardless of background or ability.
- Focus on targeted skills & concepts in ways that maximize guided math lessons.
- Plan strategic questions to facilitate learning while monitoring student progress.
- Make best use of manipulatives & math tools to boost struggling students’ understanding of math concepts.
- Simulate the use of formative assessment to plan a guided math lesson for a small student group.
- Review a 20-day launch of activities in order to establish routines and rituals.
- Plan math learning centers that make best use of manipulatives & math tools to boost struggling students’ understanding of math concepts and increase student engagement.
- Use a variety of formative assessment tools to plan a guided math session for a small student group.
- Plan for an effective guided math session.