Audience: Grades K-5
Length: Half or Full Day Workshop
Para-professionals work very closely with students one on one and in small group settings. Equipping para-professionals with the background knowledge of strong instructional practices and strategies to educate the “whole” child in a learner – centered environment will enhance para-professional – student relationships and significantly improve student behavior and learning.
In this workshop, participants will:
• Learn and practice techniques that support redirecting and focusing students on being mindfully present
• Explore teaching protocols to enhance listening and speaking skills
• Understand a multi-sensory approach to teaching phonemic awareness and phonics
• Learn and practice 7 reading strategies to increase reading comprehension
• Engage in fun mathematical games using manipulatives to deepen understanding of math concepts
• Utilize an online resource to bring back to their students
The content of this workshop is based on the growth mindset work of Dr. Carol Dweck.