Audience: Grades K-5
Length: Half or Full Day Workshop
Conferring is at the core of differentiating instruction. Differentiation of instruction is vital to meeting the needs of ALL students. Conferring with students and providing formative feedback is one of the most effective ways to differentiate learning.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Learn strategies on how to better understand their students as readers.
- Learn a new practical framework for conferring which focuses on student agency and a process-oriented approach that is clear and effective.
- Develop the art of how to “coach in” to a 2, 4- and 6-minute individual/small group conference and provide formative feedback for short- and long-term goal setting.
- Practice and collaborate on a host of student friendly reading strategies aligned to 13 reading goals.
- Understand and develop the “Architecture of a Mini-lesson” – Connect, Teach, Active Engagement and Link