Audience: Grades K-5 and 6-12
Length: Half or Full Day Workshop
- Understand how DOK correlates to text dependent question development
- Learn how a “think- aloud strategy“ supports understanding complex text
- Explore and create a series of text-dependent questions based on texts which you will bring to the workshop
- Engage in several protocols which support deep levels of discussion
- Collaborate with others to develop 4 levels of TDQ using lyrics to music
- Skim and read the most recent and best award-winning children’s literature of 2019. Over 30 books will be at the workshop for teachers to engage in dialogue.
This work is based on the work of Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey, TDQ, and Making Learning Visible.