Next Wonder of Learning Workshop on 10/22/19
St Peter Academy
431 Fifth Avenue
River Edge, NJ 07661
9:00am- 3:00pm (Lunch will be provided)
Audience: Pre-K & First Grade Teachers, Supervisors, Curriculum Coordinators & Principals
Length: Full Day Workshop
How do we engage all students to ask questions, reflect about their experiences in learning and synthesize their background knowledge with learning to make new meaning? What is next for you and your students in creating a learning environment that is rich in discussion, reflection and documentation of student work and teacher practice?
This workshop will examine project and inquiry-based approaches to learning that integrates the arts and permeates beyond the classroom walls. And yes, it’s aligned to the NJSLS. The Reggio Emilia approach will be used as an exemplary framework.
- Reflect upon your values on how to create authentic and meaningful learning environments for early childhood students and teachers.
- Recognize how a constructivist approach (Reggio Emilia Approach) engages All early childhood students in inquiry- based learning.
- Explore how the 4 NJ NCAS (National Core Arts Standards) processes (Creating, Presenting, Responding, Connecting) can be integrated across science, language arts and social studies content areas through exemplars.
- Identify project-based learning topics which exist in your school communities that engages parents and the community at large.
- Understand the connection between UDL, Visible Learning and Documentation and all children having access to quality education.